Happy National Day!
On the actual day 9th Aug itself, I wore red to school (of coz!) hahaz yup along with a few other fellow Sporeans from physio too. We ate dinner in Nasi Lemak House (a restaurant specialising in nasi lemak from malaysia) not bad but found it quite spicy :P It's quite rare to have really spicy stuff here & heard from a few of them that somehow the rice was not as fragrant as before. Maybe coz the rice had been left for quite some time since it's already at night.
We tried to watch the NDP through the online webcast in my friend's apartment but it failed. Arghzzz. It kept buffering and we simply couldn't get the connection. That's so terrible. heez we ended up watching "House" on tv & playing pool in e common room.
If I'm back in S'pore on nat day, I'll definitely be out watching the fireworks or catching the live screening of NDP somewhere out on the open fields with oac or etc. I miss those times! Although I can say that I'm having fun while enjoying & enriching myself with the different living and schooling experience here [: ( minus the times of stress+workload], I do MISS Singapore! Can't believe it ~ I've finished a semester & it's only 4 mths away to going back!
singing along with steph as she performed "Where I Belong" by Tanya
the fact sheet on each table which Jeanette & I created :)

starter: nonya kueh - followed recipe & made by IH (think it's left for quite some time..the glutinous rice was kind of hard)
hainanese chicken rice cooked by IH..although doesn't taste authentic at all heez nevertheless a gd effort still
dessert: bobochacha - haha it looked really different, without all the yam & coloured pieces of transparent flour (they cooked it in the early afternoon & all e sago made it sticky)

the Langkawi nasi lemak I ate at the Nasi Lemak House - delicious squids!
it's census day of the Aus population on that day also which is conducted every 5 yrs..everyone had to up up this booklet of Qs after dinner..hahaz being lame here..not that I particularly like to do the census :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home