Thursday, June 08, 2006

3 down

[finally] I'm done with this week..the 3 big hurdles - the 3 stressing papers. not done yet~2 more pracs to go hence ending much later than the meds but will be starting nex sem 1 wk earlier similar to them too. =( to be exact I would have less than a mth's hol.
supposed to be excited and ecstatic about finishing the papers hmm but seems like I'm not. hated this feeling. the emptiness and uncertainty and frustration.

Time simply flies. I couldn't believe that I had just went through 1 academic semester and having exams now. Uni is really diff from the usual school times when we wore our uniforms to school. There was definitely so much lesser tests to study for. Come to think of it - I'd rather had more mid-sem tests ..or rather for physio course. There was only mid-sem tests for biomed science. At least they'll spur me to and make me do revision. It seems like I had so much lesser "personal" time for myself to study or do my work here.
There's just so much to cover. and yes I did cover finish them~partly due to motivation from getting up early to catch breakfast to get choc bars! [hahaz coz during swot vac: the 1wk study break, they have milo or snickers in the dining hall for us to take in the morning]

The point is just didn't know if I've "digested" all the stuff. felt kinda stressed seeing some of the meds/dents studying so hard for biomed that I actually did like them brought up dinner to eat in my room for the past 3 consecutive nights.
I knew that I was trying at times to find back my momentum for exams. part of cons of a 1 year break? felt as if just couldn't get my mind to think logically & identify the key points to ans properly. but I do know the stuff and content! arghzzz

Our exams for papers were held in REB- Royal Exhibition Building. For my 1st paper, I shared cab with a few others to go there for my first time. It's actually rather near & only 2 streets down from the uni. heez but in fact it's cheaper after splitting the taxi fare as compared to taking tram there. My goodness! the place is so freaking nice!!! It's one of the world's oldest exhibition pavilion and has really nice and intricate victorian style designs and features. A tall big dome in the centre of the huge building and the various lovely fountains surrounding it make it seem soooo untypical of an exam venue. The melbourne museum was juz beside it - & it's nice too! It was in fact a contrast to the older building style from REB - a totally comtemporary glass building by itself. shall visit it one day soon =)
It was a freezing misty Monday afternoon and it suddenly hit me that the winter season is here! and I haven shopped and buy any thick coat~yet. yes that's gonna be one of my task for tmlo. looking forward to a mini party by our (IH) biomed tutor in her room tmlo nite too. all for a temporary relief from exam first =P

Didn't expect the place to be so cold inside the REB. It seems like there's no heater inside at all! My hands started to shiver slightly in the midst of the paper. It's terrible; together with the need to control my bladder which of no reason and shouldn't be full! A terrible horrible stupid mistake was made. I'm NOT ever going to mix up or forget what happens during regeneration and repair. the 2 key words habe been stuck in my head ever since. How can I go on to draw and talk about granulation tissue which is for repair instead for the essay Q??? when it's so plainly obvious that regeneration means regenerate...create new cells!?! think I spent ~15mins on it and should have instead spent time on this other Q which I knew what to write but just didn't have the time to finish filling in enough info for it. It hurts - it pissed me off. pissed with myself, everything. a heavy price to pay- definitely - not just from Mon's.
...12 more days to go.. 3 down..holiday plans on the way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home