
The X'mas festive mood is everywhere around in the city and there's this cool display outside Myers with all the moving characters as they tell the story adapted from a children's story book called "Wombat Divine". All the moving stuff inside the window displays are so cute!
I didn’t get to have most of the meals in IH during my last week in Melb this year after eating out for several meals. It’s in fact my last week of stay in IH already yet somehow I didn’t fully realize it until the day I stepped out of IH to board the starbus [heez or should I say it's more of like a starvan instead] to go to the airport. It suddenly struck me that I won’t be:
walking through the gates of IH everyday, having my meals in the big dining hall with many others, taking the scheps lift which is infamous for its high frequency of being stuck (arghz I was once a victim of it :P), hearing the clicking sound of my magnetic key unlocking my door (it’s convenient as compared to the traditional key, but it gets demagnetized rather easily esp by the magnets in my bag & there’s seriously a problem with their coding system as evident from cases of keys opening others’ door!),
the frequent banging & slamming of the firewall door which cause my door to shake,
the sound of the basketball bouncing and the shouts from the court even after the lights have being switched off,
the tennis ball bouncing or the soccer ball being kicked around,
seeing the sun set among the trees from my window,
Rossi the cat every now & then, lamenting how fat and lazy it is & wishing for a house dog instead! hahaz
Or my beloved sink (couldn’t imagine my whole yr without it, saving me the trouble of dragging myself all the way to the toilet to wash up early in the morning :D), my long table, my big wardrobe, my big windows
Or the frequent hang outs/ crazy sessions in the “living room” (hmm heez as they so call it)
No more national nights, funky parties, formal dinners, café or playing for ih in sports (had great fun while training & playing for hockey & soccer :) & made me exercise too)
All in all, guess most important & to be missed would be the people, the communal spirit and the opportunity to come across different people, cultures, values. It had been an exciting and fulfilling stay. Friendships made, be it lasting or transient, had been an important part of my social life and support. It just feel so saddening that many of the friends you make are all ultimately going to end up in different parts of the world sooner or later after finishing their studies. That, inevitable but shall leave it till when the time for it really comes. In fact, it actually applies to the exchange students whom I won’t be able to see them next yr anymore :(
With the price hike (becoming unbelievably expensive), longer academic semesters and the hassle of looking for cheaper accommodation and moving out during the hols, I guess it’s time for me to move out. To try a different style of living, to learn about more new stuff, to hopefully concentrate and dedicate more time on studies (:p had to admit that I hadn’t being able to satisfactorily accomplish that this whole yr) Wonder how next yr is going to be like, being in a new living environment and having to face more demanding schoolwork. Shall look forward to settling in and managing my new apartment =P
Just can’t believe that ~10 mths of my 1st yr uni, my stay in a foreign land, in Melb, in ih had just gone by. 2nd sem seemed to pass so much faster than 1st sem. Everything just gets faster and faster. Sometimes simply wish for things to stop or slow down to give me time to appreciate, digest and organize.
Nevertheless, glad that I’m back in the sunny island once again. Felt immensely heartwarming to be in the bright and airy Changi Airport again and be greeted by the humid night air, seeing many blocks and blocks of HDB flats, road signs, coffee shops, public buses, which were pretty much what I saw on the way back in the taxi. Yes, so begins my hols back in S’pore!!!
p.s. I seriously think that I might be missing ih food next yr though.. esp brunch & the choc ripple cake! :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home