Monday, September 03, 2007

An ironic night

What a fine tuesday night, or rather it was known more of as the cheap movie night where one can catch any movie for 9.50 at Hoyts. So there I went with fion to finally catch the Harry Potter movie! Hmm but have to say that the movie is not that fantastic but not really disappointing either. Haha guess the excitement comes more from me wanting to continue the harry potter movie series. If I do start watching a movie in the cinema which consists of several series for example a trilogy, think I always tend to try and watch them all in the cinema, which I did for Pirates and Lord of the Rings :) To me, Lord of the Rings is still the best so far! Enough of rambling for here comes the main story: Surprisingly, after coming out from the cinema, we saw a few big yellow figures walking around some distance away. It's the Simpsons!! They looked so cuddly and cute and were waving enthusiastically at everyone! Haha we got really excited and were trying to grab each of them to take photo with fion's phone camera. In the end, only managed to take with Lisa before they disappeared and went inside the theatre.

Think it's my first time taking photo with a live cartoon character :p I'm gonna try to make a trip to Disneyland no matter what or when in this whole lifetime to see all the live characters for myself and relive my "lost childhood"! haha :D There was this Simpsons set where u can have free printed photos with it. So looks like we've got ourselves another souvenir for our encounter with Simpsons :) Of course nothing is totally free. It's a promotion tactic by Canon. Quite an innovative marketing strategy but bet it costs a bomb. And it seems like I may have to pay $160 for that single piece of photo which certainly doesn't cost that much!!

After that, we rushed to the tram just in time to catch it before it left. There we were, happily chatting away and still excited when shortly after, just at the next tram stop, a tram inspector dressed in the usual long dark coats boarded the tram and loomed in front of us out of a sudden. That's it. "Listen. You've to understand that it's ... ..." So on came the resolute matter-of-fact talk whilst no room for explanation. We weren't in time at all to validate. Found ourselves seats and somehow got carried away that we didn't realise or remember that it had expired by the time we boarded the tram. It happened so fast and so sudden! >.<

In fact, I've heard about several such incidents of being caught or witnesss a few inspectors in their long dark coats or vests surrounding the young kids or teenagers and "interrogating" them. It is either intentional or non-intentional fare evasion or may well depends on luck, just missing the expired timing, forgetful or using a malfunctioning ticket machine. It costs international students $3.20 ($2.8o for a 10x ticket) for a 2 hourly trip and no concession for us. However, exchange and study abroad students are eligible for concession which I find that really bizzarre and needless to say, unfair?!! Seems like the uni's petition for concession prices have been unsuccessful so far. I still remember how shocked and unwilling I was to buy a tram ticket on the 1st day I arrived here that we decided to walk from home to lygon st to city to fed sq and just about anywhere and back home again. A whole day's walk while sightseeing indeed significantly made the distance seem less torturous. At the end of the day, guess what? We got lost while trying to find our way home! Didn't manage to get hold of a proper map till the following few days. Knew that we're somewhere near destination but just had no idea of our orientation! Eventually, decided to heed the advice from one of the passer-bys & ended up taking tram still, paying for the ticket with my first ever gold and silver Aus coins :S Arghz all the walk for nothing. It went back into the city and looped around which brought us back home finally. Haha how ironic.

Received the notice recently and here I am trying to edit my appeal letter which I plan to send it tomorrow. Shall cross my fingers and await good news... hopefully =.=

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I tend to correlate simpsons with the number 160 now ~bleh. Yes but that shall not stop me from watching Simpsons or an attempt at simpsonsizing myself.. :}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home