Monday, February 20, 2006

1st few days in Melbourne

haven update since Chinese New Year! arghz gonna write abt it some other time =P ever since cny, time flies like maddddd.. juz can't believe tt I'm in melbourne now and had been so busy either going for gatherings or packing & buying stuff.. all i can say abt packing is that it's really not FUN at all..hahaz. I really do wanna bring so many stuff over & all of my fav soft toys & stuff etc. hmz but seems like I've to be really selective abt it so that I can keep within my luggage allowance.packing & re-packin so many times. changing luggages here & there heez but finally it's over seems like I've at least settled it now.. though forgot to some misc stuff.. & waiting for my winter clothing to be shipped over =P (it's a 5-7 wks wait manz)

reached Melbourne at ard 10am melb time..here's later by 3hrs as compared to s'pore. had a nice plane trip in SQ 237. there's so many movies on e plane! shiok hahaz a personal tv screen in front of you. I watched "The Incredibles" and this chinese movie 'Qian1 Bei1 bu4 Jiu4".. ws sitting at e back row where there's only 2 seats & beside me was a Malaysian gal who's flying back for her 3rd yr in RMIT. =) had a nice chat with her & got quite lotsa advice & tips from her =) heard from the airport PA system that it's in fact 16 degrees outside & yes..it's rather sunny outside but the wind's sooo chilly *brrrr*

it's been almost a wk from the day I arrived in Melb.. gonna recap briefly wat's happened for the past few days...one word -- it's overwhelming but FUN! =D

It's very true that the weather here' so unpredictable. For the 1st 2 days, it was so cloudy and windy throughout. =) heez really like dis kind of weather and we were exploring the city, our surroundings, the uni & almost everywhere. the college I lived in is really far from my school..25-30min walk??? but at least for my 1st semester I'll be taking lectures in a nearer building so may not be tt worst yet. I did so much walking or "urban hiking" on the 1st 3 days..continuously from early afternoon to almost nite time (in melb now, it's still very bright even when it's reaching 8pm). & went grocery shopping that I'd to end up carrying them all the way back to IH. hahaz tink we've really trekked for many km.. partly also becoz we got lost somehow when on our way back to IH or ended up taking a longer route =P went deeper and deeper into the city day by day and finally reaching the CBD at Yarra River / Crown entertainment complex on fri =) felt a really great sense of achievement. hahaz when we were like armed with only maps occasionally & even avoided taking e expensive tram rides *blehz* coz no concession prices for international students


shall continue again tmlo..2pm now. exhausted from the party juz now..taking photos talking, dancing & dancing hahahz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home